maanantai 9. lokakuuta 2023

Sunnuntailounas

I've been to a dozen of Alda's Sunday lunches by now. If you doze in the big leather chair for a few minutes after the meal, she picks up the magazine that has slipped from your lap and sets it next to you on the table. If you break a dish while helping to clean up afterward, she shrugs and smiles, saying she never liked that dish anyway and she's been hoping for years someone would break it. If you stroll into the kitchen where she is arranging the food and snitch a sliver of prosciutto from a platter, she smiles and does not scold you.

I've come to want this for my kids, too. I want them to know that even when they are 40 years old, they can come over on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. and have lunch. They can bring their kids, their boss, their friends, their friends' friends. I don't care. Just come over.


Vinkki: Gabrielle Hamilton ja Saveur 9.10.2010

VILKAISE MYÖS
Saveur 16.11.2012 - Magic of Sunday Roast

Ei kommentteja: